A small animal practice in Southampton are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to cover a maternity contract position at the practice. This is a full-time role with 40 hours per week and a 1:3 Saturday morning rota. There are no OOH and the practice is closed on a Sunday. They are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon who has a strong work ethic and committed to providing a high standard of clinical care. The practice boasts a loyal client base and whilst well established is a forward-thinking practice committed to ongoing investment to ensure that the equipment and facilities available are recognised as best practice. The vet will become an important member of the team and will take the leaf on clinical management of their own caseload whilst also be given the opportunity to develop any special interests that they may have.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday Morning 9am – 12pm
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 3 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Areas of special interest supported
- Committed to delivery a high standard of clinical care and having an excellent reputation within the community.
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.