We are eager to talk to vets looking for a small animal practice in a varied and exciting surgery with a strong, competent and friendly team, for either part-time or full-time employment in the Salisbury, Wiltshire area. There are also partnership opportunities for the right candidate, either now or at a future date.
If lifestyle and location are important to you, with access to major cities; countryside and coast on your doorstep, and vibrant city life, then this is the place for you. A rota that reflects that lifestyle is guaranteed with no Out of Hours and weekends negotiable. 40 hour week maximum.
- They can consider full or part time hours with weekends on a rota basis minimum 20 hours per week
- Full Time: Monday – Friday – 9.00 – 7.00
- Weekends: 1 in 2/3 – Saturday – 9.00 – 6.00 and Sunday 10:00-4:00 with time off in lieu
- Surgeries are scheduled between 11 and 3 weekdays, with only emergency surgery undertaken at weekends
- Computer System: RX Works
- OOH – None, provided by Vetsnow
- Due to continued expansion in this Salisbury practice, they are able to offer this unique opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join an outstanding practice, headed by a partner with over 20 years’ experience in both large and small animal practice, a PhD in Neuroscience, and Veterinary Qualifications from Cambridge. Her expertise and practice success is recognised across Wiltshire and the South West.
- She became sole partner at Salisbury Companion Care in 2008, in order to concentrate on small animal medicine and surgery, and has a particular interest in neurology and oncology.
- She is supported by a strong team including one other experienced vet.
- The Head Veterinary Nurse, has her N.Cert in Anaesthesia, with 2 additional registered nurses, a veterinary nurse assistant and a dedicated Administrative staff.
- The surgery is built to industry leading standards, and has state of the art equipment, including ultrasound, digital x-ray, procyte/catalyst in-house IDEXX laboratory machines, ISO anaesthetic and capnography.
- We have a high percentage of insured clients and excellent connections with Referral Centres for highly specialised cases.
- They are looking for a vet with general and medical skills, capable of working sole charge at times, and with a strong customer-service focus.
- You will be passionate about providing an excellent service and working as part of a highly-skilled team.
- You will also have the ability to work up cases, with the capacity to provide clear and timely documentation of services provided.
- Enthusiasm and energy are a must, as is a willingness to communicate with colleagues and clients, in the best interests of our patients.
- Salisbury is a diverse town and we deal with clients from all walks of life.
- The practice is rarely quiet but this means there is excellent opportunity to learn, contribute and continue to grow as a practitioner.
- Professional dialogue is encouraged and valued. Professional mentoring is supported across the team.
- Competitive salary between £30,000-£45,000
- Annual pay reviews
- Career development opportunities
- Dedicated CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 4 weeks, plus bank holidays or pro-rata if part-time rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 full years’ service
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme
- Paid memberships
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.