Veterinary | Meat Hygiene Inspectors | Full Training Provided | Multiple Positions | Lancaster
Are you an ambitious Veterinary Surgeon looking to pursue a role here in the UK working as an Meat Hygiene Inspector (MHI) or Official Veterinarian (OV)?
We are looking for a number of Meat Hygiene Inspectors to help ensure processing plants and slaughterhouses follow safety and hygiene standards during food production across England and Wales. If you have a degree as a veterinary surgeon that will be recognised by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons here in the UK, then we have multiple opportunities for Vets looking to start out as a Meat Hygiene Inspectors.
- Multiple positions to start as soon as possible
- Hours of work: Average 38-40 per week - Monday – Friday,
- No Weekend work
- No OOH work
- Full training provided
- Career progression available
- Inspecting live animals for signs of disease and to carry out post mortems on diseased animals
- Checking animal welfare conditions and transportation conditions
- Making sure unfit meat is destroyed and does not enter the food chain
- Inspecting the carcases on the line
- You will report to the Area resources Manager and Official Veterinarian
- Training/induction period: 1 week theory + 4 weeks practise
- The training is unpaid (However a training allowance of £70 per week is paid), salary starts after 4th week of training regardless.
- Excellent powers of observation
- Attention to detail
- The ability to deal with people or situations
- The ability to keep accurate records and write reports
- Salary range: £18,000 - £28,000
- Holiday: 20 days, plus 8 bank holidays per year
- Car: Yes this is fully provided and paid for by the company
- Phone: You will also receive a mobile phone
- RCVS registration: Assistance with arranging the registration, fee to be paid by the candidate
- Accommodation Allowance: £300 (one off payment)
- Career Progression: You can become an Official Veterinarian
Able to become RCVS registered
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.