Surgical Veterinary Surgeon, Derbyshire
Our client is currently looking for a Surgical Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. If you are currently a First Opinion Vet and seeking further challenges and career progression, this is the role you need. Having either a certificate in Advanced Surgery or working towards the end of obtaining it, would be a requirement. In return our client can assist you in developing as a Vet as you will be supported by other vets in the business, a strong Nursing Team and the option to exchange ideas with specialists. With the emphasis on the surgical element of the role, some consultations are expected as is some weekend work.
- 4.5 Day working week
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH - None
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: £31,000-£45,000
- Excellent CPD offerings in-house and externally
- Practice focus on health and well being
- Potential for this role to develop to a more senior level in time
- Birthday off work
- Death in service cover
- Increase in Holiday allowance with service
- Discount staff pet scheme
- They strive to deliver world-class patient care and our fantastic facilities provide a superb care environment, including 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite, 3 ultrasound rooms, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills and dedicated chemo and radio-iodine treatment rooms define the setting.
- They are a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
- They have GE Vivid 7 cardiac ultrasound scanner. Hospital facilities include digital radiography, two GE abdominal ultrasound machines, C-Arm fluoroscopy, a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T MRI, five operating theatres.
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Several years Small Animal experience
- Advanced surgical experience
- Great customer service skills
- Certificate in Advanced Surgery (preferable)
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry.