An independent referral practice in Wakefield are expanding and are currently recruiting a permanent surgical RVN to join them. This role is either full or part time with a 1:8 Weekend rota and very limited OOH as there is a dedicated night RVN. They are expanding their surgical team and are looking for a dedicated, hardworking compassionate RVN. The RVN would be expected to assist the surgeons with any procedures, patient checks, consultations, surgeries, including patient preparation. They will also be required to monitor patients under anaesthesia which can often include complex cases.
- Type: Full time 40 Hours per week
- Hours: Monday – Friday
- Weekends: 1:8
- Sole charge: No
- OOH: 1:8
- Lieu time: Time off in lieu after working a weekend
- Team: Large Multi Vet and RVN and supporting staff team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
This large modern referral practice in Wakefield offers a diverse range of advanced treatments and provides outstanding clinical care across many disciplines. The large team work closely together to ensure the clients and patients’ needs are always met. They have a large range of equipment which allows them to perform cardiology, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics and soft tissue surgery.
- You will be confident with anaesthesia to support the full day of surgeries each day
- Previous experience of nursing in a referral practice is advantageous but not essential
- You will have good all-round general nursing experience
- You will be happy to do 1:8 OOH Weekend with time off in Lieu each week
- You will be motivated with a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- You will be happy working shift patterns between operating or kennels.
- £21,000 - £24,000 pro rata
- Generous CPD allowance – days off to attend
- 5 weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday
- Flexible rota allowing for a great work / life balance
- Paid professional memberships
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.