A small animal independent practice in Livingston are recruiting two permanent veterinary surgeons to join their growing team. This is large multi vet and nurse practice with 2 branches in a beautiful area of Scotland. This independent practice boasts modern facilities and services with all state-of-the-art equipment. They also have visiting specialists each month and encourage the in-house vets to join in case management thus ensuring vets clinical skill set and knowledge development. Offering a great work life balance with 4.5 day per week, with a 2:6 weekend comprising of a Saturday and then only one night on call until 10pm during the week. The on call during the week until 10pm often isn’t the case due to how the rota falls. No OOH. Sole charge is very rare, and support is offered also.
- Type: Full time 4.5 Days per week
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm one night per week on call until 10pm.
- Weekends: 2:6 Weekends Saturday 9am – 4pm
- Lieu: Time off in Lieu when worked a Saturday
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: Multi Vet and RVN team with support staff
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Branch work: None
- Other: Vet works one evening on call per week, but this often is not the case due to the rota
The well established two branch practice boasts an excellent reputation in the community for providing excellent patient care. Established in 1981 as the first veterinary clinic in the area this practice has built up a long-standing reputation with the local community and sees a loyal client base, as well as many new clients. It comes with all the modern toys as you would expect and has the benefit of visiting specialists for referral cases. The team comprises of multiple vets and nurses offering excellent opportunities for the new veterinary surgeons to expand on their skill set and knowledge and work as part of a close knit team.
- You will be competent in all areas of general surgery and medical cases.
- You will have minimum 2 years’ experience.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- You will be passionate about expanding your clinical skill set and knowledge.
They are looking for a proactive, confident veterinary surgeon who is capable of all routine surgical procedures as well as having an understanding in the day to day running of a practice. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills as well as being comfortable working occasional sole charge.
The practice has state of the art facilities such as ECG, fully equipped operating theatre, on site blood and lab services and pre op tests, X-ray facilities, Ultrasound, blood pressure monitoring and many more.
- Salary - £35,000 - £50,000
- Career development opportunities
- CPD supported and funded
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 4 weeks
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.