A small animal practice which opened in 2016 are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly team in Wokingham, Berkshire on a part time basis 3-4 days per week. They would also consider a fixed term contact. They are located in the lovely market town of Wokingham, with easily accessible transport links to London and the countryside of Berkshire and Hampshire.
You will have the opportunity to work with their extremely experienced Vet, as well as having the support and experience of two RVN, one VCA and a reception team. Their goals for the coming year are to develop their patient weight loss programme and continue with work supporting the Pet Blood bank
- Hours: Monday - Friday: Shifts between 8.00am – 7.00pm – 3 or 4 days per week
- Weekends: would be ideal on a 1 in 2 basis (3 or 4 day working week) 8.30am – 7.00pm, Sun: 9.00 – 4.00 with time off in lieu
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: On weekends
- OOH: None, Provided by Vetsnow
- Their practice is purpose built to industry leading standards with digital X-ray and ultrasound in addition to operating theatre and kennelling.
- Their ethos is to provide gold standard client and patient care which has resulted in our 5* client feedback.
- They pride themselves in their friendly team and offer clients 15 minute appointments to ensure they can offer the time needed for each patient
- Their team prides themselves on building honest and long lasting relationships with clients, and treating all pets as you would treat our own.
- Therefore you will need to be a strong team player with excellent communication skills and a focus on quality clinical care.
- You would be the ideal candidate if you are have a passion for working with people and pets, have an excellent bedside manner and enjoy building relationships with clients. In a position with us, you will experience both surgical and medical cases.
- Their ideal applicant would be an MRCVS (member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) and ideally confidence is surgical procedures, consulting and working up cases to a high standard.
- Orthopaedic capabilities would be welcomed but not essential.
- They would be happy to provide CPD and support as part of a development plan.
- Salary - £38,000 -£50,000 DOE or Pro Rata if part time
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Enhanced annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 full years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme, opt in private medical insurance and life assurance
- Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.