A small animal practices based in Weston super Mare, Somerset are looking for an enthusiastic, professional Veterinary Surgeon to join their vibrant team on a full or part time basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a local practice where their Veterinary Partner has clinical freedom and pro-actively encourages further learning, offering an attractive CPD budget and willing to fund certificates.
Weston super Mare is a seaside town based in Somerset with great transport links to nearby Bristol and via the M5 to Exeter and Birmingham.
- They can consider full or part time hours with weekends on a rota basis
- Full Time: Monday – Friday Shifts between 8.30 - 7.00
- Weekends: 1 in 3/4 – Saturday – 9.00 – 5.00 and Sunday – Closed
- Computer System: RX Works
- OOH – None, provided by Vetsnow
- The team consists of 3 Vets, 2 Nurses, a 2nd year trainee and a Reception team.
- The practice is bright, spacious, air-conditioned and is purpose built to industry leading standards and will have state of the art equipment including digital X-ray and Ultrasound.
- The ideal candidate will have good general surgical and medical skills and enjoy being a part of a team.
- You will be able to work well under pressure and the ability to manage a busy case load are also very important.
- Salary - £30,000 -£45,000 DOE or Pro Rata if part time
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Enhanced annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 full years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme, opt in private medical insurance and life assurance
- Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.