A small animal independent practice in a beautiful setting on the Sussex coast are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join their team. They are recruiting due to another veterinary surgeon relocating. This role would suit both an experienced veterinary surgeon or a new graduate looking to take their first steps in a practice. The role is full time based at their hospital branch with a day off per week, however for new graduates this would be working 4.5 days per week for the first year to gain more experience quicker. Back up would be provided if required when on call. The practice comprises of 5 veterinary surgeons so the new vet would always be well supported with a team of 3 vets on duty. There is a small element of weekend work and on call. The CPD is funded and personal development and specialisation to certificate level are encouraged.
- Type: Full time 4 Days per week
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 6.30pm
- Weekends: Very generous weekend rota of 10 per year.
- Sole charge: Yes, when on call
- OOH: 1 every two weeks.
- Team: 5 Vet and multi RVN and support team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Branch work: Yes
The role is based at the main branch hospital which has been well established for several years boasting an excellent reputation. All surgeries and procedures take place at the hospital and they provide 24 Hr emergency service from there also. They have a fully trained RVN living on site who monitors all in patients. They practice provides full surgical and nursing facilities, with hospitalisation and intensive care.
The practice group comprises of 5 veterinary surgeons who provide a wide range of medical and surgical experience and have a varied special interest including soft tissue, ophthalmology, ultrasonography and much more. They also boast a large highly experienced RVN team. This is an accredited RCVS practice and an RCVS Nurse approved training practice.
- For experienced veterinary surgeons you will be competent with routine surgeries and medical cases
- For new graduates you will be happy to work 4.5 days per week to gain experience quicker in the first year.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice has state of the art facilities and equipment as one would expect in a modern 24-hour Hospital also offering emergency treatment.
- Salary - £30,000.00 -£55,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- CPD supported and funded and support for certificates provided
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 4 weeks plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.