We are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a growing team in Watford. As the practice offers support, they can also consider applicants from a new graduated veterinary surgeon. The role does involve sole charge on a weekend however for a new graduate vet then support will be offered until they feel confident. Areas of special interest are encouraged and supported here with certificates also funded. This is a full-time role with a 1:2 weekend rota.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 8pm
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturday 9am – 6 pm Sunday 10.30 am – 4pm
- Sole Charge: Yes weekends only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet 1 RVN 1 SVN
- Well established practice
- State of the Art equipment
- Offers a great working life ethos and a friendly environment
- Large case load variety with a large client base
- Certificates and special areas of interest are supported an encouraged.
- They see a large amount of rabbits and exotics
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Located close to transport links and within walking distance of a train station.
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.