A small animal practice in St Austell are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join their team. This role would suit a veterinary surgeon who is perhaps looking to relocate and have a better working life balance located in beautiful surroundings. This is a full-time role working 9am – 7pm Monday – Friday with a 1:2 weekend rota. There is no OOH. There is some sole charge work on the weekends, so it is important that the vet is confident in this area. This is a purpose-built state of the art practice with modern facilities and equipment. It has a growing client base with an excellent reputation. The ideal vet would have had previous experience working in emergency surgery and have good general surgical and medical skills.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturday Morning 9am – 6pm Sunday 10am – 4pm
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 2 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Growing client base
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Areas of special interest supported
- Committed to delivery a high standard of clinical care and having an excellent reputation within the community.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will be confident with sole charge work
- Previous experience in emergency surgery would be advantageous
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Areas of special interest would be advantageous
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.