We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a practice Southport. The practice is well established and due to continual growth are now seeking an additional surgeon to add to their team. This is a full-time role with 40 hours per week and 1:3 weekends but there is no ooh so offering an excellent work/life balance. This is a bright and spacious purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art equipment.
About the role:
The practice sees a wide variety of cases each day and are passionate about delivering excellent pet care and customer service. They are looking for a veterinary surgeon who is confident in all areas of routine surgeries has experience in emergency surgery and has good general medical skills. There is some sole charge work involved so it is important that the vet is happy in this area. Previous experience in exotics would be advantageous. There is also a potential relocation package available for the right candidate.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Yes
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 4 RVN, SVAs and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Established practice with a large loyal client bases sees a variety of complex surgical cases
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Supportive friendly practice
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have previous experience in emergency surgery
- You will be confident with sole charge work
- Previous experience in exotics is advantageous
- A surgical bias is advantageous
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• Dental X-Ray
- Multi-Parameter Monitoring
- Salary: £35,000 - £60,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks holiday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous allowance and time off to attend
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.