We are looking for either a full or part time permanent veterinary surgeon for a growing, client focused, first opinion practice in the South Shields, Newcastle Upon Tyne area. They are perfectly located, with sandy beaches and impressive walks on your doorstep, and excellent transport links to the close-by city of Newcastle
- Hours: Monday - Friday: Shifts between 8.00am – 7.00pm
- Weekends: 1:4 - Sat: 8.30am – 7.00pm, Sun: 9.00 – 4.00 with time off in lieu
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: On weekends
- OOH: None, Provided by Vetsnow
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, passionate and will have strong all-round veterinary skills, be fully competent in surgery and consultations at 1st opinion practice level and be comfortable with sole charge. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent communication and relationship building skills with a driven and motivated attitude.
The practice offers a modern, well equipped, and purposed built environment that is built to industry standards and has state of the art equipment including digital X-ray, ultra sound with Doppler, dental machine, ECG, MRI/CT, and in-house laboratory facilities, 2/3 consulting rooms, a full operating theatre, isolation units and kennelling.
- Salary - £38,000 -£50,000 DOE or Pro Rata if part time
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Enhanced annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 full years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme, opt in private medical insurance and life assurance
- Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.