Are you looking to step up in your career?
We are working with a an RCVS accredited, 2 branch small animal first opinion practice who are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly team on a full time permanent basis. You will be joining an established practice where you will have clinical freedom, along with full support. Both of practices are situated near main line train stations and in the heart of Ashdown Forest Pooh Bear Country.
Their current Clinical Director who is going to go part time, is an ex-president of the BSAVA and their our other Clinical Director has a wealth of experience, as so the other vets in the team. So full support both on the surgery and medicine side is available.
- Hours – Mon – Fri: 40hour week - Monday to Friday – Shifts 8-5, 8.30-9.30, 9-6, 9.30-6.30, 10-7
- Weekend rota/hours: 1 in 3 Saturdays 8am to 5pm
- OOH rota/Hours: No OOH
- Time of in lieu: If worked over yes
- Sole Charge: On a Saturday and Bank holidays and hours between 8-9 and 6-7
- Computer system: Voyager
- Branch work: Mainly working at the main branch, you would only need to go to the branch surgery to cover sickness and holidays only
- Team: 5 vets, 3 at Crowborough and 2 at Tunbridge Wells, New Graduate Vet, Head Nurse at both sites, RVN's, SVN's, Kennel Assistants both sites and admin staff
- Consult times: 15minutes
- Accommodation / Allowance: Accommodation available, but rent is £250 per week
- Other: Relocation package maybe available
The role requires an individual who takes pride in their work, provides exceptional patient care through high clinical standards, has compassion and understands the high expectations that clients have come to have from them. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work well within the team as well as work on your own initiative. You will be able to motivate the team and when required coach and mentor colleagues as and when needed.
- Salary: 45k – 55k DOE
- CPD Allowance: 4 days £1200
- Holiday Allowance: 6.6 weeks or 262hours
- Career Progression: Definitely available from a senior vet to Clinical Director
- Fees Paid: Yes RCVS,VDS, BVA
- Pension: Company scheme in place
- Health Schemes: After qualifying period
- Other: Training practice, ultrasound, endoscope Days holiday for birthday, uniform provided, cake Friday!!
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- 2 Years post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.