A small animal practice in Raleigh Essex are recruiting an approachable and friendly veterinary surgeon to join their team on a full-time basis. This is a team of 5 Vet, 5 RVN, 1 SVN and support staff. The practice is located close to the Highstreet and all local transport connections and amenities. This is a well-established successful family friendly practice. This is a full-time role with 40 hours per week and a 1:5 weekend. There is limited sole charge, but it is important that the vet is comfortable in this area.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 7am – 11pm
- Weekends: 1:5 Saturday and Sunday 8am – 7pm
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 5 Vet 5 RVNs and support team
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload with a large mix of cases each day
- Offers career development opportunity
- Has access to European certified orthopaedic and soft tissue surgeon
- Has a 16 slice CT scanner at a partner surgery so expands on the services offered.
- Dedicated and committed to providing a high standard of client and patient care
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Certificates supported and generous budget for CPD.
- Onsite parking available
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be fully confident in all areas of routine surgeries, medical cases and diagnostics
- You will be confident with some sole charge work
- You will have 2 years’ experience
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will have previous experience of working in a busy practice with a varied case load
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks and Birthday off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.