A small animal practice in North West London are recruiting a permanent full-time veterinary surgeon to join their team. The role would entail becoming the lead vet at the practice and as the lead vet would be responsible for the continued growth of the practice. The practice currently only conducts consultations on site and surgeries elsewhere at another branch so the role would involve being transported via taxi to the branch surgery in the afternoons to proceed with surgeries. The role would be sole charge at the consult only branch and then the vet would be working alongside the head veterinary surgeon at the branch when doing surgeries and work ups there, so it is a supported sole charge role. There are also other branches to provide support as well as the 24-hr hospital. The ideal candidate with have a strong bias towards diagnostics and will provide an exceptional level of care to all patients and clients. The role is 45 hours per week working 4.5 days per week with a 1:2 Saturdays and 3 Sundays per year at the hospital in Hampstead.
- Type: Full time 45 Hours per week
- Hours: Monday – Friday 4.5 days per week
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturdays at the hospital and 3 Sundays per year
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Yes and then supported sole charge for half of the day
- Team: Multi Vet and Nurse Hospital team.
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Forward thinking and professional group with various branches and a Hospital
- State of the at facilities and equipment
- Large multi vet team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons within the group
- Well established with a large client base across London
- Practice sees a varied case load – emergency medical cases
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- On street parking
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be passionate and motivated to drive the practice forward
- You will be a certificate holding veterinary surgeon or someone who would like to become a certificate holder
- A bias in diagnostics would be advantageous
- You will be happy with sole charge work as this maybe required when on call
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice boasts a full range of diagnostic equipment’s with ultrasound, blood machines, digital x ray, dental – everything that you would expect from a 1st opinion practice and a Tier 3 RCVS Hospital.
- Salary - £40,000.00 -£55,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- Holiday 25 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays and birthday off – holiday entitlement increases with years’ service
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD Allowance £1,000 with 5 days off to attend and higher budget courses are also negotiable
- Additional CPD allowance for clinical coaches
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.