We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Preston on a full-time basis working 37 Hours per week. The practice will also consider new graduate applications as as well as experienced veterinary surgeons. The role involves working at both practice branches in Preston.
About the role:
The two practices are busy and modern with state-of-the-art facilities. There are 4 branches in total each supporting each other. They also house the OOH service for the area which enable ease of handover of cases. They are looking for a professional and enthusiastic veterinary surgeon ideally with a surgical bias although not essential. There is support available for the right candidate with dedicated hours to mentoring on a 4-week rotation. This is a full-time role with a weekend rota of 1:4 and no OOH.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Yes
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 20 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vet, 4 RVN, SVAs and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons with areas of special interest
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Supports and funds certificates
- Established practice with a large loyal client bases sees a variety of complex surgical cases
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Leadership role potential for the future – career development opportunity.
- Supportive friendly practice
- Variety of complex medical and surgical cases
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You must have 3 years’ experience as a minimum
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and consultations
- A desire to complete a post graduate certificate is advantageous
- A surgical bias is advantageous
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• Dental X-Ray
- Multi-Parameter Monitoring
- Salary: £35,000 - £60,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks holiday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: £1,750 and time off to attend
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.