We are recruiting for a part-time Registered Veterinary Surgeon to join a friendly and supportive team of professionals at a small animal practice based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
- Part-time contract: approximately 22-hours per week
- Hours: Monday-Friday 09:00am-19:00am
- Weekends: 1:3 – Saturday 09:00am-17:00pm and Sunday 10:30am-15:30pm
- Sole Charge: No
- OOH: No
- Computer System: RX Works
About the Practice:
This small animal practice pride themselves on delivering the highest-standard of care and services to patients and clients in a state of the art surgery based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. The facilities are purpose built to industry leading standards and include Doppler blood pressure machine, digital X-ray and ultrasound. It is staffed by an enthusiastic and experienced team of professionals, including 2 Vets, 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, Client Services Manager, Practice Manager and 2 Receptionists. Thea team are highly encouraging of CPD and offer full support to aid further development and training, including certificate funding, in a supportive working environment.
The practice is in a great location with great access to major road networks and public transport links into Leeds city centre. There is also free on-site parking available.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Surgeon who is confident managing a varied small animal case load in a busy practice. You must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage client relations and provide the highest-quality of care to patients.
This opportunity is available on a part-time contract – appropriately 22-hours per week, but the client can be flexible for the right candidate. There is no OOH involved, but you must be able to contribute towards a 1:3 weekend rota to ensure that the whole team maintains a good work/life balance.
- Competitive pro-rata salary between £30,000-£45,000 DOE
- Great career development opportunities due to varied small animal caseload
- Dedicated CPD allowance and certificate funding for the right candidate
- Paid professional memberships – RCVS, BVA, VDS
- Contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Fantastic company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- 1+ years’ post-graduate experience in the United Kingdom
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.