A well-established and friendly practice based in Peterborough are looking to expand their team with an additional part time veterinary surgeon working 3 days per week (flexible on days / rota). You will be joining a supportive and established team of 6 vet surgeons and 5 registered veterinary nurses.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 8.30am – 7.00pm on a rota basis over 3 days – Negotiable
- Weekends: 1 in 7 weekend rota – Saturdays 9.00am – 2.00pm – No Sundays
- Branch Work: Yes, split between 2 practices within a close vicinity
- Sole Charge: Some will be required at weekends with back up from the JVP if required
- OOH: None involved
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: 6 Vets, 5 RVNs & Other support staff and the partners have a keen interest in Diagnostic Imaging and Cardiology.
- Other: This can be a consult only based role and working times are flexible around you.
- A modern, extremely well-equipped practice with state-of-the-art equipment including digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, blood pressure monitoring, ECG as well as having regular visits from specialists in Orthopaedics and ophthalmology.
- You will be a confident veterinary surgeon who can handle routine medical and surgical cases. Ideally you will have experience in a fast-paced environment and will enjoy interacting with clients and their pets.
- The team see a wide variety of cases and have a growing number of insured clients allowing cases to be thoroughly investigated and worked up to a high standard.
- You must have excellent communication skills and enjoy building relationships with patients, clients and the wider team!
- This can be a consult only based role and working times are flexible around you.
- Salary: £37,000 -£50,000.00 DOE Pro-rata
- Holiday allowance: 28 days holiday Pro-rata (negotiable)
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS, BVA)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.