We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Oadby in the East Midlands. If you are looking to move into a fast-paced environment with a busy variety of cases and be part of an excellent close-knit team then get in touch!
About the role:
The practice comprises of 6 Vets, 5 RVNS, and VCAs and supporting staff. It is a busy well-established practice with a large loyal client base. Boasting an excellent reputation in the local community it regular received excellent reviews from clients. The practice sees a diverse case load often with more complex medical and non-routine surgeries, so each day is different. They boast certificate holding veterinary surgeons in medicine, surgery and behaviour. It is a purpose built highly equipped practice with state-of-the-art facilities and is also a nurse training practice. they offer the veterinary surgeon case continuity from start to finish along with clinical freedom. The are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon – minimum of 3 years and a surgical bias would be advantageous. It would be advantageous if the surgeon is looking to move forward and complete a post graduate certificate. Being a people person is vital and they must be able to establish working relationships easily. There is the potential here for the role to become a leadership role in the future so there is a progression opportunity here for the right candidate.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays on a rota basis with time off in lieu/ regular long weekends off
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 20 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vet, 5 RVN, VCAs and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons with areas of special interest
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Supports and funds certificates
- Established practice with a large loyal client bases sees a variety of complex surgical cases
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Leadership role potential for the future – career development opportunity.
- Supportive friendly practice
- Variety of complex medical and surgical cases
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You must have 3 years’ experience as a minimum
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and consultations
- A desire to complete a post graduate certificate is advantageous
- A surgical bias is advantageous
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £37,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 5.6 weeks holiday including bank holiday rising to 6.6 after two years’ service.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: £1,750 and time off to attend
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.