We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon for a practice in Norton on the edge of North Yorkshire. This would suit an experienced veterinary surgeon however the practice can support someone with more limited experience. There is a team of 4 Vet and 5 RVN and support staff and they are a nurse training practice. Whilst the role is full time the practice can also consider part time applications. This is a very friendly practice with a supportive team and recently has become extended and refurbished making it a lovely modern working environment to work in. It is a 40 hours per week with a 1:4 Saturday mornings but no OOH. The practice supports and encourages areas of special interests. Accommodation can be provided in a flat above the practice for a relocation.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday Full time
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday mornings
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: 4 Vet and 5 RVN with support team and SVNs
- Other: Accommodation available short term for a relocation
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Newly refurbished modern practice
- Clinical interests supported and encouraged
- Nurse training practice
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
This newly refurbished extended practice boats modern facilities with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.