A busy small animal practice based in the leafy suburb of Wimbledon, London are looking for an enthusiastic and professional veterinary surgeon to join their vibrant team within a purpose built, state of the art practice on a full time or part time basis.
You will be joining a happy and supportive team of 1 Head Vet, 1 Behavioural Specialist, 2 veterinary care assistants and 2 receptionists and are also recruiting for other positions in the team. They see a wide variety of cases including a higher than average number of rabbits and exotics and take pride in working up cases to an extremely high standard.
- They can consider full or part time hours with weekends on a rota basis
- Full Time: Monday – Friday – 08.00 – 19.00
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday – 09.00 – 17.00 Sunday – 10.30 – 16.00 with time off in lieu
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole Charge: Yes some of the time and on weekends
- OOH – None, provided by Vetsnow
They have a bright, air-conditioned surgery which is purpose built to industry leading standards and have state of the art equipment including digital X-ray and in-house laboratory facilities.
They are supportive of individual interests, so if you have a particular area of interest, this could be the practice for you!
There’s a lot of experience amongst the tight knit team so you’ll learn a great deal as well as get exposure to interesting cases.
The ideal candidate to join their team will have good general surgical and medical skills and enjoy building relationships with patients and clients.
Experience in emergency surgery would be an advantage but not essential and you will need to have a minimum of 2 years’ UK experience due to the element of sole charge.
They offer a bright, spacious, air-conditioned surgery that is built to industry leading standards and has state of the art equipment including digital x-ray, and a full in-house lab.
- Salary - £35,000 -£50,000 DOE or Pro Rata if part time
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Enhanced annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 full years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme, opt in private medical insurance and life assurance
- Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.