A modern and busy practice based in the riverside town of Maidstone is looking for an additional veterinary surgeon to join their friendly team!
Their standalone practice in Maidstone is conveniently located for easy access to the beautiful surrounding countryside and beaches and they are also within easy reach of both Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Eurostar. In addition they also offer free onsite parking.
They see a wide variety of cases in the practice and carry out all routine surgery as well as soft tissue and some basic orthopaedics. They have all of the usual toys including digital X-ray, ultrasound, fluid pump, ECG and pulse oximetry and we will certainly consider the purchase of further specialist equipment should it benefit the team and practice.
- Full or part-time considered (minimum 15-20 hours)
- Hours: Monday-Friday 08:30am-19:00pm
- Weekends: 1:3 rota – Saturday 8.30am-17:30pm and Sunday 8:30am-17:30pm
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: Yes
- OOH: None - provided by Vetsnow
- Free parking and access excellent transport links
- You will be joining a talented and friendly team made up of 4 Vets including a Clinical Director, 1 Business Manager, 1 RVN Head of Patient Care, 1 RVN, 3 Student Nurses, 4 Patient Care Assistants and 6 brilliant Client Care Advisors.
- They hold a variety of interests within the team and one of our vets is about to start studying towards a Certificate in Medicine.
- They are hugely supportive of CPD and ongoing personal and professional development and are happy to support the study towards certificate level.
- A particular interest in surgery would be desirable but not essential!
- You will have excellent people skills, be flexible in your approach and be passionate about the practice and the team.
- You will be confident in a consult room with clients, comfortable with a caseload made up of routine and more specific procedures and able to offer clients fantastic customer service and dedication.
- Salary – Up-to £55,000
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Enhanced annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 full years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme, opt in private medical insurance and life assurance
- Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.