An expanding modern and busy practice based in the riverside town of Maidstone is recruiting for a veterinary surgeon either on a full or part time basis. They offer a good working life balance with no OOH and are flexible on days worked.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Mon - Fri: Full or part time Hours Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends – 8.30am – 5.30pm
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: There is minimal sole charge, mainly limited to the weekends with support offered if needed
- Consult Times: 10 – 15 minutes plus
- Branch Work: None
- Team: You will be joining a talented and friendly team made up of 2 vets, 1 Business Manager, 1 RVN Head of Patient Care, 1 RVN, 3 Student Nurses, 4 Patient Care Assistants, 1 Head of Client Care who manages a team of 4 Client Care Advisors.
- Other: Free onsite parking.
- Their standalone practice in Maidstone is conveniently located for easy access to the beautiful surrounding countryside and beaches. They are also within easy reach of both Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Eurostar.
- Some of the vets hold a variety of interests within the team and one of their vets is about to start studying towards a Certificate in Medicine.
- They are hugely supportive of CPD and ongoing personal and professional development and are happy to support the study towards certificate level.
- A particular interest in surgery would be wonderful but not essential!
- They see a wide variety of cases in the practice and carry out all routine surgery as well as soft tissue and some basic orthopaedics.
- They have all of the usual toys including digital X-ray and ultrasound, and will certainly consider the purchase of further specialist equipment should it benefit the team and practice.
- You will need to be confident with all routine surgical and medical cases but perhaps most importantly, you will be a personable and approachable vet who enjoys building relationships with our lovely patients, clients and the wider team.
- They will consider full or part time hours and ensure both a great work/life balance and the opportunity to bounce ideas around with colleagues.
- Parking, Emergency Cover (Vetsnow), Operating Theatre, Isolation Unit, Blood Pressure Monitor, Biochemistry, Haematology, In-house Laboratory, X-Ray, Health Plans, Hospital Ward, Dentistry
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays – Negotiable
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.