We are looking for an experienced and confident permanent veterinary surgeon to join a busy small and large animal group of practices in Newcastle.
- Hours: Full Time - 40 hours, 4 days with Thursdays off
- Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 6.30pm
- Weekends: 1 full weekend in 6 – 1 Saturday morning in 3
- Saturday: 9.00am – 6.00pm Sunday: 10.00am – 5.00pm
- Type: 85% small & 15% large
- Time off in lieu: Monday or Friday off following weekend
- Sole charge: Yes, some involved
- OOH: One night on call per week
- Team: Over 30 vets and a large team of qualified nurses, support staff, around 150 in total across 9 branches
- Branch work: Yes, some involved
- Other: Accommodation and vehicle included
They were established over 100 years ago and are one of the region’s leading veterinary practices with nine branches throughout Tyne and Wear. They have a large team of vets, nurses and a number of Certificate holders in Medicine, Surgery along with a very friendly and supportive team.
The ideal candidate will have good all-round veterinary skills, customer service skills and a passion for animal care. They are looking for a vet that is competent with basic surgery and consultation skills with a minimum of 6 months post grad experience.
They have 9 well equipped practices with state-of-the-art equipment including full medical, surgical, and hospitalisation facilities, 24-hour Nursing Care, dental equipment, radiography, ultrasonography, endoscopy, ECG and in-house laboratories.
- Salary - Generous salary based on experience level £35,000.00 - £50,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- Generous CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 8 weeks holiday
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.