An established 4 branch independent small animal practice are looking for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join their multi-vet team on a full time basis with no ooh. They offer a very supportive team and a modern air conditioned clinics with superb facilities for providing the best veterinary care in Gloucester area.
- Full time (5 days per week)
- No OOH
- Weekends on 1 in 4 rota
- 4 sites, of which the vet will be rota’d in any site
- 4.5 FTE vets currently working.
- Vet takes the phones from 8.30, and arrives for consults 9-10, and then the vet drives to a second branch for 10.30 – 11.30 and then again their vet drives to the main branch for consults 12.00 - 2.30 and then does any urgent procedures or surgeries which cannot wait until a weekday.
- The vet has the phone until 5.30 at which point they divert to their OOH provider.
- If a patient is not transferred to the OOH practice, they are responsible for its care overnight – and may need to go back to check on the patient or give meds etc (not very often)
- Vet takes phone from 8.30, and consults at our a branch surgery from 10.30-11.30, and then travels to their main branch for 12.30 – 2.
- Phones go to their OOH provider at 2pm.
- If a patient is not transferred to the OOH practice, they are responsible for its care overnight – and may need to go back to check on the patient or give meds etc. (not very often)
Vets generally working day:
- They ask vets to get in for 8.45, consulting 9am-10.30am, followed by ops until they are completed (generally 2ish). At this point, the vets are welcome to GO HOME FOR THE AFTERNOON (but must stay available for the unlikely call back for emergencies etc), then they come back in at 4.45 and consult 5pm-7pm.
- They are closed bank holidays and nights, as they use an OOH provider so no OOH.
- They do run a once-a-month cat clinic at 2.30-3.30 of which the vets will take turns to cover.
- They practices are modern air conditioned with superb facilities, as well as having a number of certificate holders with the team.
- They have separate cat and dog wards, intensive care facilities, Lab, state of the art digital x ray machine with floating bucky table for all things orthopaedic and cardiothoracic, a flexible fibre optic endoscope, colour flow Doppler ultrasound machine etc
- Their lead vets also offer Orthopaedics services - OCD surgery - Cruciate surgery - TTA and De Angelis surgery - Spinal surgery - Soft tissue - Thoracotomy - lung lobectomies - Pericardial surgery - Oesophageal surgery - Total ear canal ablation - Laryngeal Tie back
- Salary £32k plus for new grads and up to £50K for more experienced vets
- Holiday - 20 days + 8 days BH
- RCVS Fees paid
- They pay petrol if traveling between sites at the HMRC rate
- Free eye tests and plenty of other perks
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 Years post grad experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.