A small animal practice on the outskirts of Cambridge are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join their team. The practice is supported by a Hospital close by and another branch. You would be working with the head veterinary surgeon and a team of RVN and Nurse. It is important that you will be confident and experienced in sole charge role. There are career development opportunities for the candidate moving forward.
- Forward thinking and professional Practice
- Supported by a Hospital close by
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- On street parking
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be an experienced forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will be minimum 2 years qualified
- You will have good surgical experience and comfortable working autonomously
- You will be happy to work a mixture of consulting and surgery
- You will be confident in general medical surgical and dental cases
- You will be expected to develop the surgical caseload for both soft tissue and orthopaedic whilst also developing the less invasive procedures – arthroscopy and laparoscopy.
- You must be motivated and have a genuine passion for animal welfare and preventative medicine.
Facilities: State of the Art facilities including:
- Operating Theatre
- Emergency and critical care
- In house blood machine
- Digital and Dental X Ray
- Salary: £35,000 – £60,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays and your Birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: £1,000 Allowance and 5 days off to attend
- Additional CPD for clinical coaches.
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- 6 Month staff reviews
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.