A small animal practice in East Lothian are expanding their team and recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon. They are well established with an excellent reputation and a genuine passion for animal welfare. They comprise of an experiences team and are always happy to advise clients on all aspects of preventative care as well as supporting clients in cases of illness.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am – 12pm
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Yes
- Team: 3 Vet 2 RVN
- State of the art facilities
- Established practice with a large loyal client base
- Vet Nurse training practice
- Prides itself on providing a high standard of care
- Practice promotes nursing staff to develop their skill set
- Career development opportunities
- Varied caseloads each day
You will be an enthusiastic motivated veterinary surgeon. You must also be comfortable in areas of general surgery consults and be a team player. You will be happy to do some sole charge work if required. Excellent customer facing skills are key as well as being a team player.
- 2 consulting rooms,
- Treatment area
- Separate operating theatre.
- Separate wards for dogs and cats to reduce stress
- Biochemistry & haematology machine
- External labs for advanced tests (results usually within 1-2 days)
- X ray & ultrasound scanner
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Additional leave purchase scheme
- CPD: £1,000 allowance
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.