We are looking for an experienced and confident permanent veterinary surgeon to join a busy group of independent practices in Lancashire.
- Hours: Full Time - 40 hours
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 7.00pm
- Weekends: 1.5 in 8
- Saturday: 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Time off in lieu: Following day off
- Computer System: TBC
- Sole charge: Yes, some involved
- OOH: Weekend OOH rota is approximately 1.5 in 8
On-call Friday / Work Saturday morning only / Sunday on call (Monday & Tuesday off in-lieu)
On-call Saturday (With a Friday off in-lieu) Followed by 6 weekends off
- Team: 14 vets, nurses and support staff
- Branch work: Yes, between 2 branches
- Accommodation: Available
They are a mixed first opinion practice, running their Farm and Equine Department and Companion Animal Department totally separate. The practice has 4 directors and we currently employ 67 staff. They have 3 Companion Animal surgeries and you will only work between 2 surgeries to try and maintain case continuity. Some lone work may be required but in general you will have the support from a well experienced team of excellent and dedicated vets, nurses and receptionists.
The ideal candidate will have good all-round veterinary skills, be confident in diagnostic imaging, have high standards to work up cases and have a good understanding of internal medicines.
Their main site has undergone extensive refurbishments and the facilities allow for good case work up and include a state-of-the-art DR digital x-ray machine with cloud-based image storage, ECG, flexible endoscope, ultrasound scanner, tonometer, infusion pumps and a well-equipped lab including an electrolyte analyser.
- Salary - Generous salary based on experience level £30,000.00 - £50,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.