An expanding thriving small animal practice based in Kettering, Northamptonshire are looking for 2x ambitious and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeons on either a full or part time permanent basis. The practice is extremely well equipped with state of the art equipment including digital radiography, Doppler ultrasound, capnography, blood pressure monitor and ECG. The practice also offers free onsite parking and is conveniently located.
This established practice is purpose built with state of the art equipment including digital X-ray and fully equipped lab facilities and we have ultrasound on its way!
- Full Time
- Hours: 9:00am til 7:00pm
- Weekends: 1:5 weekend rota – Saturday 9:00am til 5:00pm – Sunday 11:00am til 5:00pm
- Computer System: RX Works
- OOH: None, Provided by Vetsnow
- Some sole charge responsibility
- You will be joining a supportive and established team of currently 3 vets to grow the team to 4.5 Vets, with 4 RVNs, 2 student nurses and 5 receptionists and in addition, they benefit from regular visits from an orthopaedic surgeon who carries out TTAs and complex orthopaedic procedures.
- The team have a variety of individual interests with a certificate holder in Feline Medicine, a vet with special interests in Surgery and also embarking on the Dermatology Certificate, another vet with interest in Cardiology, so if you have any area of particular interest, this could be the practice for you!
- The team see a wide variety of cases and have a growing number of insured clients allowing cases to be thoroughly investigated and worked up to a high standard.
- You will be confident with routine medical and surgical cases including neutering and you will enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Above all you must have excellent communication skills and enjoy building relationships with patients, clients and the wider team!
- Salary - £30,000.00 -£45,000.00 DOE or Pro Rata if part time
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Enhanced annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 full years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme, opt in private medical insurance and life assurance
- Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.