We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Ipswich. This is an established practice located close to main transport links and within easy access of the coast and countryside. The friendly and supportive team comprises of 3 Vets, 5 RVNs, 1 SVN and support team. One vet is currently working towards their certificate in surgery and there are various areas of special interest at the practice and this is supported and encouraged. They are looking for a confident surgeon in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases. This is a full or part time role on a fixed contract to cover a maternity leave. There is a 1:2 weekend rota but no ooh or sole charge. Due to being close to a local animal shelter the practice sees a wide variety of cases each day.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday full or part time hours available.
- Weekends: 1:2 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: Occasional but support available
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team:3 Vet, 5 RVN, 1 SVNs and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons with areas of special interest
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Supports and funds certificates
- Established practice with a large loyal client bases sees a variety of complex surgical cases
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- For experienced veterinary applications you will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- An area of special interest or a passion to study towards a certificate would be advantageous
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.