We are working with a small animal veterinary hospital in West Lancashire who are currently recruiting for a veterinary surgeon to join their team on a permanent basis. The are located between Wigan & Southport and have a few branches within the area.
- Full time (40 hours per week)
- Hours Mon-Fri: Usually 09:00am til 6:00pm (1 hour paid lunch break)
- Weekends: Saturday mornings 9am til 12pm to be shared on rota
- Sole charge: Some may be required, ideally you will be confident
- OOH: Shared on rota, 6pm til 10pm remain at practice with on call mobile, after this its switched to answer machine where the vet will be on call until 8:30am
- Time of in lieu: Following day from being on call you will be off until at least 3:30pm
- Branch Work: Yes, some work will be involved at branch surgeries in local area. Practice ambulance provided
- Team: 4 Vets, 8 Nurses & support staff
A family run practice who support their staff both at work and out of it. They offer their staff no corporate pressure allowing them to focus on maintaining animal welfare and promoting the companies values. They are well equipped with all the latest high tech equipment and provide a range of services including acupuncture and hydrotherapy to their clients. They fully support their staff with CPD and encourage them to take part in the day to day running of the practice.
The ideal candidate for this practice is a dedicated surgeon who is competent and condiment with routine surgeries and can manage medical case as in and outpatients. You must have a passion for the veterinary industry and enjoy working to this practices family values.
- Salary: £35,000-£50,000
- 20 days annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Generous annual CPD allowance as well as paid days
- RCVS and VDS fees paid as
- Uniform and equipment provided as well as a £20 shoe allowance
- On site accommodation available
- Exclusive company staff discounts
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent client and patient care skills
- 1 Years post graduate UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.