We are working with a modern small animal practice near Southampton who are looking for a passionate, hardworking veterinary surgeon to join their team on a permanent basis. Ideally, they are looking for someone with practice experience, however, are open to a new graduate who is looking to learn and develop.
- Full time (42 hours)
- Hours Mon-Fri: Shifts between 8:30am and 7:00pm
- Weekends: 1 in 4, Saturday 8:30 til 4:00pm and Sunday 10:00am til 1:00pm (on call til 6:00pm both days)
- Time of in lieu: Week after working weekend you will only work Monday til Wednesday
- Branch Work: None, independent practice
- Sole Charge: Very unlikely
- OOH: None, 1 night on call per week & at weekends
- Computer System: RoboVet
- Team: 5 Vets, 4 RVNs, 4 SVNs & excellent support staff
This practice is run by an owner who supports their staff through thick and thin, if you are interested in a specific area, they will support your certificate. They have modern facilities in their well decorated practice which include multiparameter machines, K Laser and an in-house laboratory. They are also a silver cat care practice.
They are looking for a customer focused person who understands the emotions of a pet owner as it is important to build trusting relationships with all clients. You will need to have a good understanding of veterinary surgery and be able to show good all-round skills. It would be ideal for you to have an interest in feline medicine as this position is to replace their current ‘crazy cat lady’.
- Competitive salary between £40,000 & £55,000 (DOE)
- 5 days CPD allowance per annum
- 5 Weeks annual holiday
- Workplace pension
- Paid professional memberships – RCVS, BSAVA, BVA, VDS
- Free local Gym membership
- Shared accommodation available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.