Our clients, an independent veterinary practice on the Norfolk/Cambridgeshire border, are currently recruiting for a veterinary surgeon to join them on a permanent full-time basis. This position is to become the second vet within the practice so it essential you have previous experience and confidence in your own abilities.
- Full time
- Hours Monday to Friday: 8:30am until 6:00pm each day
- Weekends: Currently 1 in 2, Saturday morning consults and on call for rest of the weekend
- OOH: 1 in 2 weekends on call and weeknights during week (a 3rd vet to be recruited later in the year)
- Sole charge: Yes some sole to be expected, must be comfortable
- Branch work: None required, sole practice
- Team: 1 Vet & 7 Nurses as well as practice management staff
An independent veterinary practice who have been established for over 50 years, they have been in the current premises for the last 10 years after out growing the original building. They have an excellent local reputation as they offer a mixture of services, surgeries and pre bookable appointments. The practice is well equipped with a modern in-house laboratory, 3 separate wards, diagnostic suite with digital x-ray, ultrasound and endoscope, 2 theatres and many other gadgets.
They are looking for a confident, experienced veterinary surgeon who is comfortable with all routine surgical and medical procedures who also has a desire to learn and develop. You must have experience dealing with clients and be confident working up cases on your own. Customer service skills are also important.
- Competitive salary between £40,000 & £50,000 depending on experience
- Generous Annual CPD budget
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Professional fees paid
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- 2 years post graduate experience in the UK
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas