We are working with an independent practice in Lancaster who are currently recruiting for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join them on a permanent basis. This role is full time and would be worked over a 4-day week, with an occasional weekend rota. For this position you will need to have a couple of years post qualified UK experience in practice.
- Full time
- Hours Monday to Friday: 4-day week, 8:30am until 6:30pm with an hours lunch
- Weekends: 1 weekend in 8 on rota. Either Friday night on call with a Saturday surgery OR Saturday & Sunday on call
- OOH: 1 weeknight in 8 on call as well as weekend rota
- Computer system: Teleos
- Sole Charge: None required
- Branch work: Some could be involved at local branch surgery
- Team: 8 Vets, 9 Qualified Nurses & 2 Student Nurses
An independent veterinary practice in Lancaster, with branch surgeries across Lancashire seeing a large mixture of clients who have trusted this vets for several years. The practices are fully equipped with the latest technologies and have a visiting MRI scanner on a monthly practice. They also see a number of visiting specialists in soft tissue and orthopaedics.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years post graduate UK experience and will be comfortable with routine surgical and medical procedures. You must have an excellent standard of customer service skills and be able to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues alike.
- Competitive salary between £40,000-£55,000 depending on experience
- Career development opportunities
- Fully funded CPD allowance and 5 paid days per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Company pension scheme
- Professional fees paid
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- 2 years post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas