We are working with an independent client on the Isle of White who are currently recruiting for an additional veterinary surgeon to join their lovely team. This is a full time, permanent position worked over a 4-day week with inclusion on the on-call rota. There is no additional weekend work other than when on call, which is shared on a 1 out 6/7 rota.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing veterinary practice with a difference, who pride themselves on their care they provided and their staffs wellbeing. The ideal start date for the practice would be April 2020, but if you are available sooner please still do get in touch.
- Full time (4-day week)
- Hours Mon-Fri: 8:30am until 5:30pm each day
- OOH rota: 1 in 6/7 weekends on call with support from an on call RVN. Day off after working a weekend on call
- Sole charge: Unlikely to be much involved, however ideally comfortable working un-supervised.
- Team: 8 Vets & 6 Nurses as well as other support staff
- Consultations: 15-minute appointments with some flexibility
An independent, award winning veterinary practice on the Isle of White with many differences to a corporate practice. They are a family orientated practice and believing in supporting their staff both inside and outside of work. The practice is well equipped with modern facilities and equipment such as a CT scanner, laparoscopic surgery, video endoscopy and a very experienced team.
You will become an integral part of the working team; it is important you have a great understanding of the industry and believe in the type of service the practice is providing. You must be comfortable dealing with clients and have excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with the team when necessary. Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role within the UK, however new/recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Salary is dependent on experience and tailored to suit you
- Vehicle & accommodation can be provided if required
- 28 days annual holiday leave (only 4 days leave to have a week off)
- Company pension contributions
- Generous & flexible CPD allowance
- RCVS fees paid plus additional subscription
- VDS insurance paid
- Discounted ferry travel
- Staff socials & heavily discounted benefits for pets
- Mindfulness package
- Gym/exercise support package
- Regular bonuses during the year & at Christmas
- The right to work in the United Kingdom
- RCVS registration (or soon to be registered)
- Excellent client care skills and an understanding nature
Ideally you have:
- Previous UK experience in a similar role
- Excellent surgical and medical skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.