A well-established small animal practice situated in Hertfordshire are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join their established team. The practice boasts long serving staff members – once you join you never want to leave! The role has become available purely because of an internal promotion. This practice whilst has fantastic state of the art facilities it also has the bonus of the veterinary hospital being close by for referrals for more complex cases. So, it is fully supported.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time Monday – Friday 45 Hours per week
- Weekends: Yes 1:3 Saturdays 8.30am – 4pm and 1:12 Sundays 8.30am – 2pm
- OOH: No
- Sole charge: Yes
- Branch work: Yes – Sundays
- Team:3 Vet 3 RVN
- Other: The 1:12 Sundays are working at Hospital practice
- Forward thinking and professional Practice
- Well established with a large client base
- Free onsite parking
- 1st Opinion Practice
- Practice sees a varied case load – including trauma cases.
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be an experienced forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will be minimum 4- 5 years qualified with 2 being in the UK
- You will have good surgical experience and comfortable working autonomously
- You will be happy to work a mixture of consulting and surgery
- You will be confident in general medical surgical and dental cases
- You will be expected to develop the surgical caseload for both soft tissue and orthopaedic whilst also developing the less invasive procedures – arthroscopy and laparoscopy.
- You must be motivated and have a genuine passion for animal welfare and preventative medicine.
Facilities: State of the Art facilities including:
- Operating Theatre
- Emergency and critical care
- In house blood machine
- X Ray
- Salary: £35,000 – £60,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays and your Birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: £1,000 Allowance and 5 days off to attend
- Additional CPD for clinical coaches.
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- 6 Month staff reviews
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.