Our client has an exciting opportunity for a personable and approachable vet to join their fabulous and supportive team. Based on the busy St James Retail Park, the practice is just a 5 minute walk from the train station, a short drive from the M11 and just 20 minutes from Stansted Airport. The practice also offers free onsite parking.
- Full Time
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-19:00pm
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: Occasional
- OOH: No
- Branch Work: No
- Computer System: RX Works
About the Practice:
You will be joining an experienced and established team made up of 6 vets, 4 RVNs, 8 student nurses and 2 receptionists. The team benefit from a variety of individual interests including certificate holders in medicine, endoscopy and exotics and one team member working towards their certificate in surgery as well as a member of the nursing team holding an advanced diploma and ISFM Advanced Diploma
This role would suit a vet who is comfortable with routine surgical and medical cases but who seeks further coaching and exposure to more complex cases. A particular interest in medicine would be an advantage but not essential!
You will have a real client/patient focus and the ability to build strong, long term relationships. You will also have good time management and organisational skills and enjoy working as part of a team. They are a busy practice therefore you will thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy the variety that it brings! It is rare for cases to be referred outside of the practice and team members are encouraged and supported to work up their own cases to a high standard.
They are offering a full time role with a 1 in 3 weekend rota. There will be only occasional sole charge responsibility and no out of hours.
- Salary - £30,000.00 -£45,000.00 DOE or Pro Rata if part time
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Enhanced annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 full years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme, opt in private medical insurance and life assurance
- Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- 1+ years’ post-graduate experience in the United Kingdom
- Excellent communication and client care abilities
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.