Are you looking to join an independent practice that provides a great work/life balance and career development opportunities in the Dorset area?
We are looking for a new graduate or an experienced permanent Registered Veterinary Surgeon to join a friendly and supportive 4 Vet team in Bournemouth, Dorset. The practice is approved by the Royal College and is accredited as a Tier 2 small animal general practice with an on-site training centre for Nursing. The team work on a 3-week rota - the first 2-weeks are based on a 4-day week and the third week is based on a 5-day week. There is no OOH involved within this role.
- Full-time: 40-hours per week on average
- Hours: Monday-Friday 08:30am-15:30pm or 15:30pm-19:30pm on a rota basis
- Weekends: Based on a 3 week rota – the first 2-weeks are based on a 4-day week and week 3 is based on a 5-day week
- OOH: No
- Team: Friendly and supportive team of 4 dedicated Vets and 10 Registered Veterinary Nurses
- Branch Work: Occasional – based at the main branch, but there may be occasions where you will be required to work at their branch practice
- Consult Times: 10–15 minutes
- Sole Charge: Occasional – Possibly some sole charge responsibilities on the weekends and at the branch practice, but the practice is happy to provide support if required
This is a state of the art practice with great facilities and a fantastic reputation in the Dorset area. They continually invest both in the facilities and their staff to deliver high-standard care and treatment to patients and clients in the local community. There is no OOH’s associated with this role and a flexible rota which offers a great work/life balance to enjoy the beautiful surrounding coastline and area.
The facilities include two operating theatres and a preparation room, multiple consulting rooms with a dedicated cat only area, separate kennels and cattery, isolation area, imaging room and designated laboratory.
The practice is looking for a confident and dedicated RVS who has excellent communication skills that wants to develop with a team that encourages career development within a friendly and supportive working environment. The team is committed to offering a great/work life balance which reflects in it’s high retention of staff.
- Key-hole spay surgery
- In-house laboratory facilities
- Separate cat / isolation wards
- Both surgeries are fully equipped with for surgical procedures
- In-house digital X-ray, ultrasonic scanning and dental facilities
- Digital radiography and multiple flexible endoscopes
- Cardiology, Endoscopy, Orthopaedics, Pet Passports and more
- Salary between £28,000–£45,000 DOE
- CPD allowance
- The practice is keen to support further professional development in areas of interest
- Paid fees for RCVS and BSAVA
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Posses the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Minimum 3+ months post-graduate experience in the United Kingdom
- Excellent communication skills
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:00am-7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.