We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Surgeon to join a well-established small animal practice in Dudley, West Midlands on a permanent full or part-time contract. This is a great opportunity to deliver exceptional animal and client care as part of a successful and supportive team of veterinary professionals in a ISFM accredited surgery.
- Permanent full or part-time contact: minimum 20-30 hours per week for part-time
- Hours: Mixed shifts on a rota basis Monday-Wednesday between 8:30am-22:00pm, Thursday and Friday between 8:30am-19:00pm
- Weekends: 1:3 – Saturday 9:00am-16:00pm
- Sole Charge: Yes
- OOH: No
- Computer System: RX Works
About the Practice and Team:
This SA practice provides a high-standard of animal and client care in a bright, spacious and air-conditioned surgery based in Dudley, West Midlands. It is a purpose-built surgery with state of the art equipment including digital x-ray, dental kit, ultrasound and orthopaedic surgery facilities. It is staffed by a professional and highly-skilled team of 5 Vets and 6 Nurses who manage a varied medical and surgical SA case load and encourage continuous training and development within a supportive working environment.
We are looking for a skilled Registered Veterinary Surgeon with first opinion experience who is competent in managing routine surgical and clinical procedures. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues and demonstrate a passion for veterinary treatment and care. This opportunity is available on ideally a permanent full-time contract, but part-time hours will be considered for the right candidate – minimum 20-30 hours per week. There is no OOH, but you must be comfortable handling sole charge responsibilities and be flexible to contribute towards a 1:3 weekend rota to ensure that the whole team maintains a great work/life balance.
- Competitive salary between £30,000-£45,000 DOE
- Career development opportunities within an encouraging and supportive environment
- Dedicated CPD allowance
- Paid memberships – RCVS, BVA, VDS
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- 1-2 years’ post-graduate experience in the United Kingdom
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.