We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Registered Veterinary Surgeon to join our client’s established and growing small animal practice based Kingswood, Bristol on a permanent full or part-time contact.
- Full or part-time considered
- Hours: Monday-Friday 08:30am-19:00pm
- Weekends: 1:2 - Saturday 09:00am-12:00pm only
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Yes
- Branch Work: No
- Computer System: RX Works
- First opinion practice
About the Practice and Team:
This first opinion practice is based in the city of Bristol and focuses on delivering high-quality patient and client care for small animals in a state of the art air-conditioned surgery. The facilities are purpose built to industry leading standards and include biochemistry, dentistry, digital X-ray, operating theatre, isolation unit and an in-house laboratory. This busy practice is currently staffed by an experienced, friendly and supportive team of 2 Vets, 2 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 2 Receptionists who provide outstanding client services and manage varied medical and surgical cases. The team is now looking to expand due to continued success and growth. The practice has direct links to public transport and cycle tracks, as well as easy access to the A4174 and M32. It also has parking available on-site
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident Registered Veterinary Surgeon with good general medical and surgical skills who is competent with routine surgery. You must be a excellent communicator with the ability to build positive relationships with clients and and their animals. There is no OOH involved within this role, but the successful candidate must be confident with some sole charge responsibilities and be willing to contribute to a 1:2 weekend rota – Saturday’s only. This post is available on a full-time contact, but part-time hours will also be considered for the right candidate.
- Competitive salary £30,000 - £45,000 DOE or pro-rata if part-time
- No OOH – 1:2 weekend rota (Saturday only)
- Career development opportunities
- Generous CPD allowance
- Company pension
- Great company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- 2+ years’ post-graduate experience in the United Kingdom
- Good level of general medical and surgical skills and be competent in routine surgery
- Experience of working within a first opinion practice
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.