An established small animal practice located near Redhill, Surrey are looking for an enthusiastic and personable Veterinary Surgeon to join their hugely successful expanding practice either on a full or part time basis.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Mon - Fri: 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: 1 in 5 full weekends (Sat and Sun) and 1 in 5 Saturdays only
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: Due to the element of occasional sole charge, this role would suit a vet with a minimum of 1 years’ UK experience.
- Consult Times: 10 – 15 minutes plus
- Branch Work: None
- Team: You will be joining a friendly and passionate team consisting of 5 vets, 3 RVNs, 3 student nurses, 2 veterinary care assistants and 5 receptionists
- The team hold a variety of interests including surgery and exotics and the owner holds a Certificate in Small Animal Medicine.
- The partner is hugely supportive of ongoing development and is happy to support areas of individual interest.
- They are located between the M23 and M25 and on a major railway junction, Redhill has the advantage of excellent transport communications (road/air/rail) and its proximity to London (30 mins by train) making it a popular commuter town.
- Redhill itself has an excellent entertainment complex with a theatre, cinema and conference centre, along with a good High Street and a modern shopping complex.
- It is also surrounded by the natural beauty of the North Downs with many of the old flooded quarries in the area offering excellent bird-watching.
- As an established surgery, the practice is purpose built with digital X ray, ultrasound, blood pressure monitors, ECG, infusion pumps and pulse oximeters.
- You will be approachable and recognise the importance of building trusted relationships you’re your patients, clients and colleagues. You will feel confident with routine surgical and medical cases however support is available as and when needed.
- They will consider full or part time hours and there is no OOHs responsibility with this role ensuring a great work/life balance.
- Parking, Emergency Cover (Vetsnow), Operating Theatre, Isolation Unit, Blood Pressure Monitor, Biochemistry, Haematology, In-house Laboratory, X-Ray, Health Plans, Hospital Ward, Dentistry
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£50,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays (negotiable)
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.