Due to expansion and with a good working life balance, an opportunity has opened up for a Veterinary Surgeon to join a friendly multi-vet / nurse team within a hospital environment in the Dewsbury, West Yorkshire area. They are very flexible in terms of full or part time hours days or nights or just short shift work. They are also able to boast excellent facilities; an emphasis on teamwork with an excellent support network for new staff members and high standards of both patient and client care.
- Full and part time vets considered
- A friendly team environment, support and mentoring from experienced vets including Certificate holders
- Central 24/7 hospital, with superb diagnostic equipment including CT
- Dedicated night vet/nurses – offering exceptional inpatient care
- A commitment to personal development and CPD, including certificates
- Flexible working week, with hours to suit
- Clinical freedom, no targets…
- An ability to nurture individual talents and interests, wherever possible
- Accommodation if required
- Generally hours Mon – Fri: Shifts between 8.30 – 7.30 averaging 40 hours per week
- They has a strong emphasis on personal development and assist and encourage their staff to plan and implement their CPD.
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- A willingness to learn, adapt, grow and discuss cases with colleagues in a collaborative atmosphere, no matter what your level of experience
- An ability to recommend what you genuinely feel is best for each patient
- Consulting and surgical skills
Facilities and services:
- The main hospital offers its services 24hrs a day 365 days a year, Spacious air conditioned waiting room, Air conditioned consulting rooms, Pharmacy, Digital radiography, Dental suites, Surgical theatre, Laboratory, Pet health advisory service, Puppy school, Diets, flea and worm control, Parking and lots more
- Salary: £35,000-£50,000
- RCVS fees paid
- Generous CPD allowance with days off to attend
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- No OOH
- Excellent opportunities for career development await the right candidates.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas