We are recruiting a permanent small animal veterinary surgeon to join an Independent practice in Colchester on a part time basis. This is an independent practice and take pride in providing a high standard of clinical care. The practice is week equipped with all modern facilities and services as one would expect in a 1st Opinion practice. The practice has also been recently extended so they are able to provide further facilities. The veterinary surgeon would be supported by a team of RVNs and will include all aspects of small animal veterinary work. The practice offers the veterinary surgeon the opportunity to build their own client base and gain freedom to develop more specialised skills and interests – which is well supported. Ideally this role would suit an experienced veterinary surgeon who is looking to reduce their hours down but still enjoys building rapport with clients. It is a part time position with 2/ 3 days per week which is flexible for the right candidate. There is a 1: 8 Saturday morning and a very limited occasional Sunday morning 9am - 11.30am.
- Hours: 8.30am – 6.30pm
- Monday to Friday: 2/3 days per week.
- Weekends: Saturdays 1:8 - 9am – 12pm and Sunday 9am – 11.30am
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: 10 Vets, 11 RVN
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Computer System: Teleos
- Branch work: None
- Well established 2 branch practice
- Large team of Vets and RVN and support staff
- Practice has a large client base
- Offers growth to the vet to grow their own client base and expand on special interest
- Friendly / supportive practice
- Delivers a high standard of clinical care
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be an experienced forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will have good surgical experience and comfortable working autonomously
- You must be confident in sole charge work
- You will be happy to work as a mentor and lead a team with a motivational attitude to bring out the best in all staff members.
- An interest in developing special interest or working towards a certificate would be advantageous
- Separate dog and cat waiting areas
- X ray
- K Laser
- Blood Pressure monitoring
- In House Laboratory
- Patient wards and isolation areas
- Fully equipped surgical suit and separate dental suit.
- Salary - Generous salary based on experience level £36,000.00 -£55,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- CPD Generous Allowance
- Development Opportunities
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday –6.6 Weeks including bank holidays.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.