We are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon on either a full or part time basis for a practice in Drumchapel Glasgow. The role will involve working between 25 and 40 Hours per week with a 1:3 weekend which would be sole charge. This role would be ideal for a newly graduated vet or recently graduated veterinary surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This opportunity would suit an enthusiastic forward-thinking vet.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 8pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am – 6 pm Sunday 10am – 6pm
- Sole Charge: Yes weekends only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 2 RVN and support team
- Purpose built practice with modern facilities
- State of the Art equipment
- Offers a great working life ethos and a friendly environment
- Large case load variety with a large client base
- Delivers a high standard of clinical care.
- Certificates and special areas of interest are supported an encouraged.
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- Career development opportunities offered
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be happy in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- Special interests would be most welcome and encouraged at the practice.
- For experienced veterinary surgeons you will be confident with sole charge work
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.