Are you looking for a new challenge and want to be a part of an amazing team?
We are looking to recruit a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to work within an established charity hospital in the Gateshead, Tyne and Wear (North East). Their Gateshead Pet Hospital has a dedicated and experienced team keen to share the knowledge and experience they have gained from a wide and varied case range. They have a passion for personal development, client care and the welfare of pets.
- 37.5hr working week
- Veterinary Surgeon's work either 9.00am – 5.30pm or 9.30-6.00pm or 8.30-5.00pm depending on rota.
- No OOH, as this is fully outsourced - Vets Now do night cover on site.
- Clinical staff typically work 1 Saturday morning in 4 with time off in lieu the following week
- Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the Role:
- They are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon (VS) for the delivery of an efficient, professional and caring service to all the hospitals clients and to provide a high standard of customer service and clinical care whilst also promoting pet wellbeing and delivering preventive services.
- The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
- The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
- Responsible for managing cases cost-effectively, encouraging financial contributions from clients
- As the UK’s leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets’ lives – through prevention, education and treatment.
- Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
- Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
- They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven in to the help improve the lives of every pet.
- There is an airport nearby which links to major UK cities - and Europe.
- Gateshead is a town in Tyne and Wear, England, on the southern bank of the River Tyne opposite Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Gateshead and Newcastle are joined by seven bridges across the Tyne, including the Gateshead Millennium Bridge.
- The town is known for its architecture, including the Sage Gateshead, the Angel of the North and the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art.
- Salary £33,281 - £43,421 depending on experience
- CPD is encouraged and self-development is actively encouraged
- Allocated CPD funding of 37.5 hours
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- 37.5hr working week
- 5 weeks holiday per year
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel allowance
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance (after 12 months service)
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas