An established small animal practice located in central Leicester is looking for an enthusiastic and confident Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly team either on a full or part time basis. You will be joining a passionate and supportive team and will have the autonomy and resources to provide high standards of veterinary care.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Hours on a rota between 8.30am - 7pm - felxible on days worked
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays 8.30am – 7.00pm and Sundays 9.00am – 12.00pm
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: Due to the element of occasional sole charge, this role would suit a vet with a minimum of 1 years’ UK experience.
- Consult Times: The team 15 minute consult system
- Branch Work: None
- Team: You would be joining a supportive team of 3 vets, 4 RVNs, 2 student nurses and an excellent support team
- The practice is just 5 minutes from the railway and coach station and close to the city centre
- Free onsite parking is also available
- The team are proud to offer a working environment that is bright and spacious with a modern operating theatre, digital X-ray machine, ultrasound, in-house Idexx machine, capnographs, diathermy, orthopaedic equipment to conduct procedures such as TTA and ESF.
- Being in the city centre you will see a wide range of cases from routine to emergency work without any OOH requirement!
- A moderate amount of charity rescue work is also carried out allowing for true variety in your work.
- The practice have built incredibly strong relationships with patients and clients therefore key to being successful in this role will be your client care abilities.
- They will consider applications from recently qualified vets as well as more experienced vets.
- You will have good all-round veterinary skills and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- The practice offers a generous CPD allowance and encourages progression with the study towards certificates supported and funded.
- Full or part time hours will be considered.
- There will be some sole charge responsibility but no OOHs ensuring a healthy work/life balance.
- Parking, Emergency Cover (Vetsnow), Operating Theatre, Isolation Unit, Blood Pressure Monitor, Biochemistry, Haematology, In-house Laboratory, X-Ray, Health Plans, Hospital Ward, Dentistry
- Salary: £35,000 -£55,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4-5 weeks, plus bank holidays (negotiable)
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS, BVA)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.