We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a team of 3 vets, 4 RVN and 1 SVN and support staff in Bury St Edmunds. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota but no OOH and only occasional sole charge work, which would be on a Saturday. The practice has an experience supportive team with areas of special interest such as endocrinology, orthopaedics and acupuncture. Areas of special interest are actively encouraged and supported. One of the veterinary surgeons holds a certificate in general small animal medicine. The practice sees a wide variety of cases each day and cases involving orthopaedics – CCLR FHNE, pinning, acupuncture and physiotherapy are all dealt with on site. The practice boasts state of the art facilities such as a state of the art IDEXX Lab, blood pressure monitoring, capnography and digital x-ray and ultrasound. They require a veterinary surgeon who is confident in routine surgeries and consultations and happy with the occasional sole charge on a Saturday.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3
- Sole Charge: Occasional on a Saturday
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet, 4 RVN, 1 SVNs and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons with areas of special interest
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Supports and funds certificates
- Established practice with a large loyal client bases sees a variety of complex surgical cases
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- For experienced veterinary applications you will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- An area of special interest or a passion to study towards a certificate would be advantageous
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• IDEXX Lab
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.