An exciting opportunity has arisen in Bury St Edmunds for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our clients team on either a full or part time basis. You will be joining an experienced team who all come from different backgrounds and deliver gold standard client care.
- Full time or Part time (25-45 hours)
- Hours Mon-Fri: Shifts between 9:00am til 19:00pm
- Weekends: On rota, Saturdays 9:00am til 17:00pm & Sunday 10:30 til 16:00pm
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: Very little
- OOH: None
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 2 Vets, 3 Nurses & Support staff
The practice is very well equipped with capnography, digital x-ray, ultrasound, full state of the art IDEXX lab (haematology, biochemistry, in-house T4, fructosamine, bile acids, cortisol, PCV), blood pressure monitoring, pulse oximeter, v-gel and separate dog, cat and isolation wards. The team see approx. 45% cats, 45% dogs and 10% small furries with approx. 45% insured clients. Orthopaedics (CCLR, FHNE, pinning), acupuncture and basic physiotherapy are all carried out in practice, so they can guarantee exposure to a wide variety of cases.
This position would suit a recent graduate vet as there is little sole charge and a great deal of support and mentoring from more experienced vets. Surgical training will also be provided if needed. You will be passionate about providing an excellent service to clients; be able to work up cases to a high standard and have a real enthusiasm for the role.
- Salary: £35,000-£45,000 DOE
- Career development opportunities
- Generous annual CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- Holiday – 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.