We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Filton Bristol on either a full or part time basis. This is a modern and spacious purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art facilities including ECG, in house blood testing and digital X-Ray. The practice has excellent transport links and on-site parking.
About the role:
This is a well-established practice which continues to grow. It boasts a team of 5 vets and 3 RVN along with supporting staff. The practice sees a varied case load each day. The role is full time with 40 hours per week and also includes working every other Saturday. They are looking for a veterinary surgeon who is confident in all areas of general surgery and sole charge work as there will be some involved occasionally. The ideal applicant will be friendly, adaptable and flexible with good general surgical and medical skills. Previous experience in emergency surgery would be advantageous.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturdays only
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Yes
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 5 Vet, 3 RVN,and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Established practice with a large loyal client bases sees a variety of complex surgical cases
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Supportive friendly practice
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £60,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks holiday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous allowance and time off to attend
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.